Tuesday 27 May 2014

With the hubs feeling sick and I, a little under the weather on Sunday thus skipping church only could only mean that K will not be spared. I felt her body feeling very hot again early Monday morning but we sent her to school anyway as she seemed her normal self. 

Her temperature was checked and noted that it was on the high side. After lunch, the school called to say K's temperature hit 39 degree and her teacher was showering her. I mobilised the hubs and prayed that the temperature will go down. Being only in my first month on the job, I was very concerned on leaving earlier and since the hubs is able to, I decided to let him handle her. After he picked her up, they waited for really long at the clinic. 

When I reached home, I cooked porridge with Japanese Sweet Potatoes and Carrots for her. All I needed to do was let the pot boil over for a while and let it cook by itself further in the thermo-pot. Ah, really, I love our thermo-pot!

We took turns to look after K today. He on the morning shift and I, the afternoon. So in the morning, I did the same with what I normally do for soup. Put whatever I wanted to into K's porridge, boil and transfer into the thermo-pot. 

Thankfully, she wasn't too cranky. I played clay with her today, something she enjoys, especially with the mini moulds. I like that the clay is made from food colouring too and will definitely buy them again when they dry up. Apparently they do because they are made from flour, not like regular plasticine. And yes K loves making those 'man' shapes.
 
I've also issued a warning to the hubs. Moving on, if K falls ill because she caught the virus from him, he shall be responsible in looking after her. From taking the whole day off work and so on. And if she caught it from me, I will do like-wise. And if it the bug came from neither one of us, then our half-day arrangements remain. I feel this is only fair and this will act as a reminder to the hubs on the need to put on a mask whenever he is sick! Unfortunately having 1 parent who used to work in a medical environment has not instilled the hubs or any of his family members awareness such as this. And I bear the brunt of his inconsideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment