Friday 17 January 2014

We were supposed to be on a staycation today with the Victors as well as the Salahudeens. And so I thought since I am already on leave, I could run a bit of personal errands as well as spend some alone-time. But that was not to be either. The VP of the childcare centre called me yesterday during lunch time to say that baby K was running a temperature again. 

We are wondering why the fever only occurs when she is in the centre and when we have her home on Wednesday, she was only down with running nose and cough. The principal told us that they are arranging for a thorough clean up on Saturday with a cleaning company as she thinks too that it is a virus in the centre. 

And since baby K has started waking up quite early, I had no choice too and so early this morning, I could wash our bedsheets and brought her out on my errand by 10am. As I mentioned, when she is home, there was no signs that she is sick at all other than the constant need to clean her nose and the occasional cough. However by 1230pm, she was fighting back the sleep demon and I had to carry her while trying to finish the lunch that we were supposed to share.

While on the fairly short bus ride back, I realise that 1 side of her shoes dropped off and a few bus stops before ours, she woke up! If I had known, I would have brought her up the the public library for her to catch her power nap! All peace and quiet there makes a perfect place to catch 40 winks. In fact, I had that in mind when I was waiting for the bus at the bus-stop! Next time, I should go with my instincts.

Back home, it was another matter altogether. She was testing me and really trying to push me to the limit. I started rough handling her, raised my voice and even beat her (either her hands or legs, depending which is the culprit) only to face her nonchalant face! And that infuriated me even more! I was glad the hubs returned home early from his training! It spared me having to face imprisonment, I kid you not! 

After dinner, I decided to bring baby K for a walk and met a neighbour, whose daughter is slightly more than a month older than baby K. He and I were sharing stories and we're glad we are not alone. This is their testing age where the sinful nature has taken over. There's no need to teach them how to sin. It's the flesh that we are born with. After we parted ways, I brought baby K to the playground and then chatted with a lady, who stays in the estate, with her 1 year old son. When we left for home, baby K dropped her dolly, which I had asked her earlier if she was sure she wants to bring it down, on the road. I was carrying her then and put her down so that she could pick the dolly up. But who is to know, she decided to sit on the road and when I told her to stand her, she did and patted dolly, who unfortunately was lying face down. I asked if she didn't want dolly anymore and that she could throw it away if she wanted to. She said yes and while at the lift lobby, I pointed out to her, the dustbin near the letterboxes and she promptly walked towards it and dropped the dolly in! I wanted to cry! The doll was a Christmas gift to her from the Victors' because she does not have one.

And when the lift doors opened at our level, she decided not to come out and the doors closed on her! I quickly pressed for the lift and saw that it stopped at the next floor. I tried to listen to her crying but could not hear any. The lift came and when I reached, I saw the upstairs neighbour talking to her and pressing the lift, with the intention to bring her down. He said she was so calm and even chatted with him! I was hoping that the incident could scare her a bit but unfortunately or not, she has got a tough nature.

 The hubs threw away her magnetic board when he came home because she was poking the stylus in the dustbin despite us telling her numerous times not to. If this goes on, she will soon have no more toys to play with!

The terrible 2s?? Urgh....I hope it's just a short phase that she's going through. God help me! But a cane is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment